Today has been a very rainy and gloomy Saturday in the D.C Metro area. In my house we woke up late and stayed in bed most of the morning. To fit our moods, I wanted to make us a breakfast that was easy, and that I could quickly assemble and then get back under the covers. This recipe took a total of 5 minutes to prep. If you’re looking for the perfect Saturday breakfast, you have come to the right place!
Crock Pot Cinnamon Roll Casserole:
You will need:
- 2 tubes of Pillsbury cinnamon rolls cut into quarter pieces
- 1/2 cup of half and half (you can also just use milk)
- 4 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 3 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
- Coat your crock pot with butter to prevent sticking.
- Evenly spread out cinnamon rolls in crock pot.
- In a medium bowl mix together the half and half, eggs, maple syrup, vanilla extract, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Carefully pour mixture over cinnamon rolls.
- Open one icing packet and drizzle over cinnamon rolls. Set the other packet to the side for later.
- Cover and cook for 2 – 2 1/2 hours or until top is golden brown and the middle is no longer gooey.
- Drizzle the other packet of icing over your cinnamon rolls and serve!