My husband and I both love to cook. On the weekends, we usually go all out and cook some super intricate things. You’ll probably be seeing a lot of those recipes in the near future, but for this recipe I thought I would keep it simple.
This is a 6 ingredient Chili recipe!
I cook this probably once every other week. It’s the meal that my husband requests after he’s had a long day, and wants something hearty to eat. I love it because it is literally SO simple to make and it only takes about 20 minutes to cook.
To me, Chili is all about the toppings. I find this recipe to be so universal, which makes it a great crowd pleaser!
You will need:
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 small white onion, diced finely (or onion salt)
- 3 (15 oz.) cans tomato sauce (you can do diced tomatoes with green chiles, crushed tomatoes, whatever you want! you do you boo boo)
- 2 (15 oz.) cans beans, drained (black beans, kidney beans, I usually do a combo)
- 3 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 (12 oz) beer (I.P.A is our favorite)
- (Get creative! optional toppings: shredded cheese, sour cream, avocado, corn bread, saltines, sriracha, etc.)
- In a dutch oven, cook ground beef over medium-high heat until browned, stirring frequently.
- At this point, if you’re cooking with diced onion,?transfer the cooked beef to a separate plate and set aside. (If you’re using onion salt you can skip step 2 and 3.)
- Add the onion to the dutch oven and saute for 4-5 minutes, or until soft
- Add remaining ingredients and the cooked beef to the dutch oven, and stir to combine. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
That’s it! You’ve just made yourself a delicious Chili. Now go crazy with those toppings!